Hello Brothers & Sisters,
We are now in the month of August, if you can believe it. I hope you’ve enjoyed your summer, and that these final weeks will be full of sunshine.
If you missed our worship service this past Sunday, I gave a message called The Church as Family and we then shared in communion together. We typically receive communion in our seats, or by coming forward to receive it from our pastors and deacons, but this time we had 4 round tables at the front of the sanctuary so you could come and serve each other. I invited the congregation to gather around the tables with a small group of folks (family, friends, and/or strangers). In doing this, we said that we are all family, despite our differences—we’re all equals, we all matter, and nobody is alone.
Our round table communion was very meaningful. Thanks to all those who participated in this special time together. You can expect that we will do it again in the future.
The day has finally arrived! This Sunday we will be formally installing Kelly Chripczuk as our new Associate Pastor at Grantham Church. Pastor Kelly will be preaching and then we will eat lunch together in the fellowship hall. There will be a Q&A with Pastor Kelly during the meal. I hope you can join us for the service and the lunch.
Here is where we’re going in the coming weeks:
- Sunday, August 5 – Pastor Kelly will be installed before she preaches; lunch in fellowship hall
- Sunday, August 12 – Pastor David preaching
- Sunday, August 19 – Bishop Bob Beaty preaching; baptisms at the Yellow Breeches
- Sunday, August 26 – Pastor David preaching; monthly communion
- Wednesday, September 5 – start of fall ministries
- Sunday, September 9 – fall sermon series begins
Finally, just a reminder that this Sunday is the deadline for letting the church office know that you’re interested in baptism. Please contact Jill Stauffer at email@example.com. I’m excited to report that we already have 7 people confirmed that they would like to be baptized on Sunday, August 19. All those being baptized will also take part in our Discover Grantham Church class this fall, in order to become members of our congregation. Our membership class will begin on Sunday, September 30. More details are coming soon along with information regarding our fall ministries. Stay tuned!
Have a great week everybody. May God continue to bless Grantham Church in the days ahead.
Grace & Peace,
* This post was first sent as an email to all church members. If you would like to receive the weekly email from the pastor, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org